Monday, May 9, 2016

From London back to Olomouc



From London back to Olomouc

Tower Bridge
Big Ben
Last three days of my Spring Break I spent in London, which was a good ending to my trip. London has officially become my favorite place in the whole world. At first I was a little nervous to go there by myself. I imagine London as a large, industrial city where it always rains and people are kind of grumpy and dull. On the other hand, I knew that London is a beautiful, cultural place with a rich history, so I decided not to think about its shortcomings, stop worrying so much and just go there and explore! I have to regrets; I loved everything about London, expect the weather, of course. I does rain almost every day in London, so do not forget your umbrella if you go there.
At the museum Victoria
Besides that everything else is perfect. Do not believe the stereotype that the British people are grumpy and they never smile. Entire time I have been there, everyone was really nice to me. People would come to me and offer their help every time I looked lost or confused. Since there is no language barrier it is easy to explain what you need and understand other people. In London you can never get bored. There are so many things to see: parks, museums, palaces, churches, theaters, cafes, and so on… Three days is not enough for London, in fact, even three weeks is not enough! I just immersed into the atmosphere of this magnificent place so well that going back to Olomouc was like a torture.
Buckingham Palace


Life in Olomouc

Comparing Olomouc to London is like comparing day with night. Olomouc is a small, peaceful town with a slow paced life. London is a complete opposite of that, it is more like New York or Moscow. Therefore, it is hard to relax in London, you are always on your feet going somewhere, doing something. Whereas Olomouc makes you feel lazy. It is a place where you can get comfortable like at home and just forget about all your problems and worries. Just like in Kearney, there is not much you can do in Olomouc, but it is a good place to go back to after a long lasting journey. Weather here is not very nice, I have to say, it was cold and rainy for the most part of our visit, except for the last week when the sun finally came out and everybody rushed to the park. Everything is cheaper in Olomouc comparing to United States and the rest of the Europe. You can get a good meal at the restaurant for less than 200 korunas, which is around 7 dollars. Almost everyone already mentioned in their blogs that beer here is cheaper than water. In fact, any alcohol here is pretty cheap. And, unlike in United States, they do not check your ID when you order alcohol here, which seems crazy to me. The whole drinking culture here is so strong. Students can go to the bar with their professors, sometimes they even can have a class right at the bar! It seems so unrealistic since we do not do it back in United States, it is one of the things you have to get used to when you are in Czech Republic.





No comments:

Post a Comment